Welcome to the section of this website for people who are: either concerned about their online viewing of sexual images of children; or people who have not looked at sexual images of children, but have an urge to do so.
If you are someone who has accessed sexual images online this site will help you to stop. If you have not accessed sexual images of children but have been tempted to, this site will help you not to by giving you the information and tools to recognise the harm such behaviour causes children, you and your loved ones.
It’s important to say straight away that we keep NO details or information that can identify the people who access this site. Like the Stop it Now! Helpline, it is free, anonymous and completely confidential.
Perhaps you have already stopped looking at sexual images of children; or perhaps not. Maybe you are under investigation by the police; or possibly nobody knows about your online behaviour. Whatever your situation, by visiting this site you have already taken a step in the right direction.
We’re here to help you. Just like making any change, there will be times when you feel on top of things, and times when it feels confusing and difficult. That’s to be expected, and we suggest you take it one step at a time.
We’re committed to helping people stop viewing sexual images of children. We know that people can and do stop. Through the Stop it Now! Helpline, we have helped thousands of people, from all walks of life, to change their online behaviour.
The content and exercises here are based on our experience of working with them, and on their feedback and suggestions. We think we can help you too, not only to get on the right path, but also to help you stay on it.
And you are welcome, of course, to call the Stop It Now! free and confidential helpline - 0808 1000 900.
- The information provided throughout this website is intended for information, self-exploration and self-help only. It is designed to increase awareness in people who may feel that they have a problem with illegal Internet images, or have thought about accessing them but not already done so. The information contained in this website is not, and should not be taken as, a substitute for professional advice and/or treatment.
- Although the content of the self-help exercises is based on existing research, this research is on-going and the authors would not wish to make any claims about effectiveness.
- All the information contained on this website is intended to increase awareness of a problem, or potential problem, with regard to a sexual interest in children and is not designed to form a diagnosis. Anyone who feels that they may have a problem in this area should seek professional advice from a qualified person.
- The Stop It Now team accepts no liability for claims by, or damages of any kind whatsoever to, users of this website. This also applies to decisions or actions taken by any individuals on the basis of the information contained on this website.
- The information and materials, unless stated otherwise, are copyrighted by Stop It Now and are intended solely for the users own use.
- The contents, design and format of this website are under the ownership of Stop It Now and must not be reproduced or distributed without prior permission.
Your use of this website constitutes your agreement to the provisions of the disclaimer.
We would like to thank all those who have contributed to the material within the Stop It Now! Get Help site, with particular thanks to Kurt and John and those who attended the focus groups.